...It Is A Silly Place

I've been putting loads of my own illustrations on here lately, so I think it's time for one by someone else.  A few months ago I featured a lovely Mortal Engines poster/cover by Kathryn Rosa Miller, and she's now done one for Infernal Devices too! It's not meant to be a literal interpretation of the book, but it works for me.  She explains how she approached it on her excellent tumblr blog 'Nest of Straight Lines'. (Nice to see the Pepperpot up there on the left - I lived just down the road from the real one for my first 18 years).


7 comments:

Mark said...

I just read this post that reminded me of your rolling cities:
http://www.treehugger.com/modular-design/amazing-green-modular-halley-vi-crawling-antarctic-base-opens-today.html

girlinthelens said...

That is gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

I've just finished listening to the Fever Crumb books. Then I come here and find out that the author writes books for children and young adults (seriously I didn't know, I just liked the artwork). I'm 46 so I don't know what that says about me or my intellect but those books are BRILLIANT!!!

Philip Reeve said...

Thanks Anon! I kind of wrote them to entertain myself so I don't what it says about my intellect either. If you've enjoyed the Fever Crumbs, please try the Mortal Engines series too!

ANS said...

I love Mortal Engines! Totally captured by it. Am reading it to my year six class and have moved on myself to Predator's Gold. Christopher Columbo - definitely a joke for adults!

ANS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Philip Reeve said...

Thanks ANS. Your comment posted twice for some reason, so I deleted the second one and now it says 'This comment has been removed by a blog administrator' as if you'd posted something RUDE. Sorry! Anyway, I'm glad you liked Mortal Engines, and I'm always especially delighted when somebody gets the Christopher Columbo joke!

Post a Comment