BristolCon 2011

When I was a teenager in Brighton the 'EasterCon' science fiction convention was held at the Hotel Metropole a couple of times, and I went along with my best friend Justin Hill.  We had a great time oohing and aahing over illustrations in the art show, watching movies, and mingling with proper grown-up writers and artists.  What with one thing and another (mainly me being too snooty to admit to liking sci-fi in my twenties) I haven't been to a convention since, but all that is about to change:  I've just signed up for BristolCon '11, a one day event to be held in Bristol (the clue is in the name) on October 22nd.  I've always heard good things about BristolCon, so I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself.  Hopefully I'll be sitting in on some panel discussions, and selling and signing some books.  


More details as they become available, but if you're interested you can learn more about BristolCon on the official website, or on the Facebook page.  Membership is just £15 until 31st May (rising to £20 thereafter and £25 on the door).